Donations to Health Center exceed matching grant

Tue, 05/25/2021 - 8:30am

    The Boothbay Region Health Center is pleased to report that community members' financial support has enabled us not only to meet, but to exceed, the $20,000 Matching Grant Challenge we received on April 12. We had six weeks to raise enough funds from donations to match up to $20,000 from an anonymous donor.

    Here's the good news: thanks to the generosity of our patients and local community supporters, we raised $36,370 by the deadline of Monday, May 24. When added to the $20,000 match from this local anonymous donor, the total is $56,370 As of May 24, 100 donors had responded to this matching grant challenge — all of them either live locally, or summer here, or have close ties to the Boothbay region. For a list of donors, feel free to visit our website: boothbayhealthcare.org and click on Donate, and then on 2021 Donors.

    We are so grateful to the financial support of community members. In order for us to provide affordable, convenient primary health care right here in Boothbay Harbor, we rely heavily on donations from patients and supporters. Patient payments and reimbursement from health insurance companies cover 70% of our annual expenses. Each year we rely on donations and grants to fund the remaining 30% of our operating expenses. We're particularly thankful for the community support when we most needed it! We're in the midst of switching to a new Electronic Health Records system — a transition that will reduce our cash flow temporarily, since we need to get each of dozens of health insurance companies to accept insurance claims from our new system. So, thank you so much for supporting us in our time of need. That's what makes this community so special! We hope to be able to repay your trust with more convenience and an even better patient experience.