The CG Auxiliary is offering a free, two-evening, four hour Paddle Sports Safety class via Zoom on Sept. 21 and 22 from 6 to 8 each day.
To register, contact David Racicot at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Different types of paddlecraft and their suitability for various paddling environments.
- Legal requirements associated with operating a paddlecraft.
- Tips for safely transporting your paddlecraft.
- Successful trip planning.
- Accidents, accident reporting.
- Emergency situations and how to prepare for them.
- Risks associated with cold water immersion.
- Top 10 safety tips.
About the instructors
Mike Moloney is an American Canoe Association (ACA) Certified Kayak Instructor (Level 1 & 2) with 40 years of paddling experience. He’s also a certified Instructor with the USCG Auxiliary.
David Racicot is an ACA Member with decades of paddling experience, a retired career US Navy physician, a certified USCG Auxiliary Instructor, and a qualified USCG Auxiliary Boat Crew Member. David also builds elegant small wooden boats including kayaks and canoes.