Pear Street, Boothbay Harbor apartment fire leaves seven homeless

Fire ignited in living room wall and spread to ceiling
Posted:  Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 2:45pm
Share: 

A Saturday morning fire has left seven Boothbay Harbor residents homeless. At 3:12 a.m. May 18, the Boothbay Harbor Fire Department responded to a call at 23 Pear St. According to Fire Chief Nick Upham, the blaze was under control in 10 minutes and completely extinguished by hand 45 minutes later. 

“It appears it started as something electrical in the living room wall and spread to the ceiling, but it didn’t break into any other rooms,” Upham said. Apartment damage was “minimal,” according to Upham.

The Red Cross and Boothbay Region Community Resource Council’s Holly Stover are assisting the displaced people with finding temporary housing.