WPL Closes in Interest of Public Health and Safety
To the Wiscasset Public Library community,
Following public health guidelines, we are closing the Library until further notice. The current threat from the pandemic is too severe to be ignored.
We will continue to watch as events unfold and make decisions on reopening when it is safe to do so. We are intent on doing what is best and safest for our patrons and staff.
- If you have items checked out, please, keep them until we reopen. We do not charge late fees and all libraries understand that there is no way to return their items at this time.
- There will be no interlibrary loans processed until the Library can reopen.
- We will be monitoring the email and telephone messages. Leave a message and a librarian will get back to you as soon as possible.
- The Library will not be accepting any donations until after the pandemic has run its full course and public safety is no longer at risk.
- We will keep you updated via social media, our website and news articles. Programs and services will be rescheduled to the best of our ability.
- Take advantage of the Digital Maine Library for your information needs.
- Use the Maine Downloadable Cloud Library for free e-books and audio books.
See the following sites for reliable information: